The mobility hub in Kuregem will be designed during the SmartHubs project.
Public transport stops; parking for people with disabilities.
lower socio-economic status, high migrant population Language Barriers
122,000 in 2021
1,220,000 in 2021
Municipality of Anderlecht
- Mobility Office Municipality of Anderlecht
- Alderwoman for Urban Development, Civil Engineering, Mobility, Parking, Public Space, Networks (Susanne Müller-Hübsch, Groen)
- Association of Cities and Municipalities of the Brussels-Capital (BAS)
- Network of Mobility Managers Brussels
- CIVITAS, POLIS, Eurocities (Capital Region of Brussels)
- UITP (MIVB/STIB, TEC, DeLijn, SNCB/NMBS)
- Brussels Mobility
- Minister of the Government of the Brussels-Capital Region, responsible for Mobility, Public Works and Road Safety (Elke Van den Brandt, Groen)
- Public Transport Provider STIB/MIVB
- Additional PT provider: SNCB/NMBS, De Lijn, TEC
- Regional Mobility Commission
- Public Service for Transport and Mobility
- Belgian Institute for Road Safety (IBSR)
The Good Move plan takes part in the city sustainable development planning. It was developed in a participatory process, that started in 2016. It includes a regulatory framework as well as an action plan. It divides into six strategic focuses:
- good neighbourhoods (mobility management in neighbourhoods, quality of life for inhabitants)
- good network (organise transportation networks and efficient service)
- good service (provide integrated services)
- good choice (guide individual and collective choice)
- good partner (ensure partnership governance)
- good knowledge (update and evaluate mobility data)
Important regulations and buzzwords are:
- "STOP"-principle (hierarchy of transport modes: pedestrians, bike, PT, cars)
- speed limit of 30km/h in regional area
- multimodal specialisation of routes
Multimodality is described as one of six mayor levers to be improved. The plan mentions the implementation of strategic changing points that should follow certain standards and should be measured due to user satisfaction and other parameters.
The local mobility contracts are planned as part of the "Good Move" Regional Mobility Plan. They define circulation schemes on detailed district level in order to define what kind of modes and traffic should be on which streets. Additionally, the plan includes an action plan how to realise, finance and organise the implementation of the new schemes. The plan for Curegem includes the territory of the municipality of Anderlecht.